<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17488436\x26blogName\x3dWhere+is+AB?\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5435816068019163726', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, April 07, 2006

Finally, 71...


It's all gone quiet.

That's because I have been really busy. When it comes time for the school holidays, I always breath a bit of a sigh of relief, as I know I will get some uninterrupted time to work on paperwork and development that has otherwise slipped.

I have been working on three things:

1. The writing up of the Port Ellen Tablet Project. Nearly complete from my perspective, but I will need to run it past the Head Teacher Violet Cusworth to check from her perspective. I can't wait to hear what people make of it.

2. Writing up of the specification for SSDN Mentor in Argyll & Bute. I know a lot of people are eagerly awaiting this, but you'll have to hold your breath a bit longer! I am being allowed to turn our initial paper document into an animated flash interaction, which I am so chuffed about - after all, the SSDN is meant to be about the future! If I am also allowed, I may post a link to it from here as a work in progress as I'd love to hear what people have to say. Watch this space?

3. Developing the new look website. For those of you that just read this as a subscription, then my website www.whereisab.co.uk is going to have a facelift in 10 days. I say 'facelift', but let's be honest - it's open heart surgery. It had to change sooner or later. I mean, just how long can you have buttons that say 'coming soon'? To say that I have learnt a few things over the past week is a gross understatement. Incidentally, if anyone reading this is an absolute wizard with Flash and XML feeds, can they get in touch with me?

More news on Monday as we have a meeting in Oban about creating school websites.

2 Comments:

Anonymous John said...

Hi andrew,
I am no wizard but I worked my way through this:
Flash MX 2004 RSS Reader @ thegoldenmean.com which seemed clear enough. Might be too simple for your needs if your doing the whole site in flash + xml?

1:26 pm  
Blogger ab said...

Thanks John - top tip - I have been playing around with xml connectors, but only managed to display the most recent entry from a blog in a movie. I'm not doing the whole site in flash and xml, but I wanted certain sections to display external content.

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home