<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17488436\x26blogName\x3dWhere+is+AB?\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5435816068019163726', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, May 25, 2006

118 - my 'stretch-goal'


Having now had a train journey to think about some of the things I have learned over the last three days, I have decided to create for myself a stretch-goal. This really comes out of my thoughts after leaving the Scotedublogs meet-up last night. It is quite a simple stretch-goal in concept, and I’m going to give it my best shot. It is also in a really small way inspired by the ‘one red paperclip’ idea we all heard about from Will yesterday.

There are 118 days from now until the next Scotedublogs meet-up at SETT '06. My stretch–goal is therefore to have encouraged 118 different people to start a blog before then. Bearing in mind there are weekends and holidays in there too, I may have my work cut out for me.

To track this stretch-goal in some way, I’ve created a '118' wiki.

Here goes.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Lynne said...

I am actually coming to SETT this year so will be there to see if the goal has been achieved. You can count me as one of your 118 - hope to have a language learning blog and Gaelic one going by August.

7:01 pm  
Blogger Ewan McIntosh said...

Bon courage, is all that I can say, but if there's one authority where you can do it it's in Argyll and Bute.

7:02 pm  
Blogger marlyn moffat said...

Quite a challenge but it will be easier than you think. Have you got to convince them entirely by yourself? Are you allowed to include previous bloggers, making new blogs or are you targetting total non bloggers? Are you allowed to have help?

9:36 pm  
Blogger Grant F said...

Once I get my new classes for next year, I'll be helping that goal be achieved! Good luck AB!

9:58 pm  
Anonymous David Lines said...

Hi Andrew I you can cross another educator off - just 114 to go!

10:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicola said...

Okay Andrew, I've finally given up and after hearing all this 'techy' speak, I'm getting myself a blog! Took a long time, but you got me here (albeit kicking and screaming on occasion!!!!!). Right, now bearing in mind I don't have a clue, if you could just start me off...?
Watch this space everyone...

1:06 pm  
Blogger marie said...

Never one to be left out - I have somehow created a blog page - haven't added any detail yet - but willing to learn. How can I add my name to the 118 page???

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home