<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17488436\x26blogName\x3dWhere+is+AB?\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5435816068019163726', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fed up waiting


I've treated myself to a new phone which lets you post directly to your blog - just how cool is that? Alan November could be right: perhaps I have bought my last ever laptop...?

6 Comments:

Blogger Gordon McKinlay said...

So how easy is it to use? Does it send an email or does it use GPRS? Is it expensive? I'm just nosy!

8:37 pm  
Blogger MaggieIrving said...

You? Last ever toy? I'll believe it when I see it!

10:07 pm  
Blogger marlyn moffat said...

Peculiarly, when I was on Flickr earlier, there was an option to upload from phone, direct to blog it seemed, but did not explore.. Like Maggie if this is your last toy, I'll have to eat my hat or something. Can't phone direct to Blogspot yet...Just got a recent new phone so not buying any new toys. Was it expensive?

11:56 pm  
Blogger ab said...

It does it through an ingenious link to Blogger called go.blogger.com which sends a MMS message. If you don't use Blogger, you could send by email or GPRS to your blog I suppose.

I didn't say 'last toy' incidentally - but I did say last laptop. You're probably right though, when will it ever be my last?

Free actually - on a contract, so I suppose that isn't really free. The phone is quality though - the camera bit of it has a real flash, and takes pics at the same resolution as my actual camera.

11:35 am  
Blogger marlyn moffat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 pm  
Anonymous john said...

Personally I'd like a phone that did all the cool stuff except phoning.
Posting to a blog is one thing, but how are they going to fit, say, flash and the ever expanding gui onto a mobile screen, project it and a virtual keyboard?
Blogging from a phone could be useful for school trips though.

11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home