<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17488436\x26blogName\x3dWhere+is+AB?\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5435816068019163726', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

News Flash


Today I had an interview for Learning & Teaching Scotland. From the 1st September (date to be confirmed) I am to take up my new role as 'New Technologies for Learning Research Practitioner' working in collaboration with Argyll & Bute. This is to be an 18 month secondment.

It's a very exciting role - I will be working on the creation of a rich internet application that allows teaching staff and learners to create interactive online content, without having to learn the Flash authoring environment. As I have only just been appointed, it will take a bit of time to sink in. Once I get my head around the change, I'll post some more about it.

Tags: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Ian Stuart said...

Congratulations!
I am so pleased that your getting an opportunity to develop these resources

Ian

7:55 pm  
Anonymous john said...

Congratulations Andrew, sounds like great fun. I'll be interested to hear details of your project, I hope you keep blogging it.

9:16 pm  
Blogger MaggieIrving said...

That is the worst news I've ever heard. A sad day for Argyll.

10:00 pm  
Blogger Elspeth Davis said...

Well Done!
Hope you do well, it sounds like an exciting project.
Can I get my "pound of flesh" before you move onwards, I wonder?

Hmmmm - let me think...

10:16 pm  
Blogger marlyn moffat said...

My goodness! What a title! A year ago I don't think I would have had a clue about what it was. So Web 2 Web 3 and...then there's the rest of us. You might remember some time ago I suggested you aim higher. Let your imagination go. You were born for this. Most excellent. Go for it! Don't forget us slugs, though. The world really is your oyster, now!

11:20 pm  
Anonymous Andy Watson said...

Congratulations! Sounds like an exciting job.

12:24 pm  
Blogger Nova said...

Hi Andrew

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - (www.elgg.net/novas/weblog) I have replied there.

Welcome to LTS - this ofcourse isn't your offical welcome but just read you post today and saw that you were joining us...... actually there is no official welcome so this is is.

See you in September

P.s I use blogger to for a creative type blog - I like it but the tagging system isn't as intuative as the one on ELGG

4:16 pm  
Anonymous OllieBray said...

Well Done - looking forward to seeing your project.

6:50 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Will you have to change your Collected Ramblings title, then? ;-)
Congratulations!
Interesting: the word verification "word" for today has "abcv" at the end of it. Clearly a sign .....

11:23 pm  
Blogger Morag Macdonald said...

Congratulations Andrew
I hope you enjoy your new post and the challenges and opportunities it brings.

1:52 pm  
Blogger Graham said...

Congratulations!
A well deserved recognition for the huge time and effort you put in to the training site. Good on you!

11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home