<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17488436\x26blogName\x3dWhere+is+AB?\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wheresab.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5435816068019163726', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Getting my digital act together

After much deliberation, I'm finally getting my digital act together.

Today I changed my host and the DNS transfer has all gone smoothly (thankfully!) This will allow me to now change over to WordPress and skin it all in Flash - something I've been wanting to do for ages. Maggie, Gary and I actually spent quite a bit of time before the summer holidays learning how to make a blogging application in .asp vbscript, but it seems futile to reinvent the wheel just for the sake of sticking with a language I know.

Bear with me over the next couple of weeks - blogging will continue here until I have the whole thing up and running. For quite some time I've wanted to change the look of the 'whereisab' site, and I've always wanted to solve my typo in the published feed from Blogger, so moving everything to the one domain will allow me to do this. I'll talk more about the changes in the future, but thought I'd better announce why things have changed!

1 Comments:

Anonymous john said...

Hi Andrew,
I am looking forward to seeing this, I 've not seen wordpress in flash before. Are there any examples?
When I started blogging, knowing nothing about it, I made a crude 'blog' that was a flash file that loaded text files arranged in folders. Posts were created on a separate desktop app made with SuperCard. No rss(I had not even heard of rss), or any other features to speak of, thankfully no one ever saw it.
Now flash handles file uploads I guess a whole blogging setup could be done through flash.

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home